Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Must Haves: The Shoes

I can't have a "Spring Must Haves" series without listing off the shoes that I'm currently loving for this season!

The Slip On Sneaker 

Nothing says "easy breezy" like a pair of sneakers that don't require the added effort of lacing up. These are great for travelling because they are ubber comfortable and can be quickly taken off at security... I mean seriously, who wants to be that girl that holds up the line because she has to fiddle around with her shoes? These can be styled with cut-off jean shorts, boyfriend jeans, black skinnies, leather skinnies, rompers, etc... essentially everything you currently have for spring and summer already. The best part is that this year the patterns and texture combinations are limitless and to tell you the truth, its going to be hard to narrow it down to just a few pairs. No matter what your budget is for a new chic pair of sneakers, I hope you like some of my picks below! If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I have been loving my "Alegra" Coach slip on sneakers and I may or not be adding to Slip on Sneaker family soon :-) ... Any guesses as to which lovely pair it will be?

Designer

Under $200.00 CAD


The Sling-back Mule Sandal

The slip on mule was a hot trend for Fall 2013 and the trend continues with a Spring and Summer mule that has an adorable peep toe and sling-back addition that adds functionality and fashion to a classic design. I can see myself styling these with a slim fitting white denim, a bold printed top, and of course an adorable handbag. I am leaning more towards the lighter neutrals versus black mainly because they will be easier to pair with my spring and summer pieces. As you will notice from my picks below I am loving the stacked heel versus a thinner more dainty heel because I plan on being out and about more so comfort is key!

Designer

1. Loeffler Randall "Alix Bootie" in Beach Leather   2. Rag & Bone "Wyatt" in Camel

Under $200.00 CAD


I am going to insert a minor pet peeve... Regarding the "Jaggard" Sandal, for some odd reason Aldo does not offer a size smaller than a 6 online from the Canadian website, but if you go to the USA website they list a size 5. I feel like that is highly unfair. End Rant.

To even out the rant... I just wanted to say  a big Thanks for all of the positive feedback on the blog! Since the blog went live, several of you have reach out to me to help you find a certain item that you had a hard time (or no time) finding and of course my shopaholic heart fluttered at the chance! So happy to have been able to help you out and I can't wait to see how you style and pair those pieces. :-)

As always, follow me on Instagram at Hali_Chic for outfit pairings! Leave any comments below with what you are lusting for this Spring/Summer or let me know what item you currently are loving from our closet!

Thanh
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment